We work with schools, districts, and nonprofit organizations who want to move beyond traditional balanced literacy and infuse more research-based practices into their literacy block. This includes regular phonics instruction, skills-based small group instruction, and text-dependent reading, writing, and discussion (for more information, see the literacy practices we support).
Most of our client work includes a mix of virtual and in-person literacy coaching and professional development. We also leverage our expertise to develop curriculum, assessments, and response-to-intervention plans.
Our core services include:
Our flipped PD is a mix of asynchronous learning and synchronous meetings for participants to collaborate, troubleshoot, and plan together as they try high-impact literacy practices with students.
Learn how to implement high-impact routines such as a multi-day fluency routine, a syllable and morpheme strategy for multisyllabic words, and a five-part structured literacy lesson. Find out more here.
Our engaging asynchronous PD courses have been taken by teachers across Texas and Washington, D.C. through partnerships with those state education agencies. Our courses allow teachers to learn about evidence-based literacy instruction and rewatch and revisit concepts as needed. Topics include text-dependent instruction, teaching with grade-level texts, and early literacy instruction aligned to the science of teaching reading. Find out more here.
A series of in-person or virtual coaching visits with frequent touchpoints that include targeted professional development and pre- and post-observation conferences on the topics of teaching with grade-level text, implementing systematic and explicit phonics instruction, and analyzing data to form small groups.
Find out more here.
Additional projects we have supported include:
- Coaching high school teachers on implementation of myPerspectives.
- Developing 12th grade daily lessons to support instructional continuity during the coronavirus school closures and filming accompanying YouTube videos for students to watch asynchronously.
- Developing a library of 30+ professional development presentations to support K-8 literacy instruction.
- Designing and delivering professional development to support EL Education in grades K-2.
- Planning a literacy volunteer day for corporations to enhance school and classroom libraries.