We work with schools, districts, and nonprofit organizations who want to move beyond traditional balanced literacy and infuse more research-based practices into their literacy block. This includes regular phonics instruction, skills-based small group instruction, and text-dependent reading, writing, and discussion (for more information, see the Practices We Support).
Most of our client work includes a mix of virtual and in-person literacy coaching and professional development. We also leverage our expertise to develop curriculum, assessments, and response-to-intervention plans.
Our core services are:
- Literacy coaching for teachers (in-person and virtual)
- Literacy mentoring for school leaders (in-person and virtual)
- Data analysis and the development of reading RtI plans
- Curriculum and assessment audits
For information on our newly added services to support distance learning during the coronovirus school closures, click here.
Additional projects we have supported include:
- Coaching high school teachers as they implemented a new ELAR curriculum that focused on text-dependent instruction, and the close reading of complex texts
- Developing a 12th grade learning packet and daily lessons on YouTube to support instructional continuity during the coronavirus school closures
- Creating a text-dependent curriculum for volunteer tutors to implement with struggling readers in 2nd grade (including selecting focus standards, choosing texts, and authoring reading comprehension and phonics lessons)
- Developing a library of 30+ professional development presentations to support literacy instruction in grades K-8
- Designing and delivering professional development to support implementation of the EL Education curriculum in grades K-2
- Planning a literacy volunteer day for corporations to work with schools to enhance school and classroom library areas